|WHAT TO BRING
* a watch or clock for time keeping
* clothing: - loose, easy fitting clothing for exercises, like track suit,
martial art outfit, or the like
* waterproofs, wellies or walking boots for outdoor activities
* no shoes are allowed in the house, so you may want to bring slippers
or thick socks
* your meditation stool or cushion if you have one
* pens and paper for making notes
* drawing materials
* open sandals or flip-flops for pacing outside
* bedding: blankets and duvets are available; you would need to bring
your own single sheets and/or single duvet-cover or a sleeping bag, and
* usual toiletries, including towel
HOW TO GET TO THE ORCHARD
BY ROAD: from either Abergavenny
or Hereford take the A465. At Pontrilas which is about halfway between
the two towns, take the B4347, sign posted Ewyas Harold, Abbey Dore, etc.
Then take the first on your left, immediately after having crossed a small
bridge, towards the centre of Ewyas Harold village, sign posted Longtown
and Dulas. After about 3 miles turn right at signpost of Lower-Maescoed.
Proceed for another half mile and turn right at the phone box. The Orchard
is on your right after about 100 meters.
From Hay-on-Wye take the B4348 to Peterchurch. A few miles after Peterchurch
take the B4347 to Abbey Dore and Pontrilas which takes you to Ewyas Harold
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT: the nearest railway stations
are Hereford and Abergavenny.
Coming from the north, aim for Hereford; coming from London or the south,
aim for Abergavenny.
There are local bus services (except on Sundays) from either town to Pontrilas
from where you can be picked up by us. In both cases the bus journey takes
about 30 min. To be picked up, let us know your expected time of arrival.
Buses from Hereford run every hour from 08.30 until 15.30, then at 16.05,
17.05 and at 18.05).
Buses from Abergavenny also run every hour from 07.20, 8.30 until 15.30,
then at 16.45 and 17.25).
If you dont have a car we strongly recommend that you get in touch
with someone else on the course who travels by car and is able to give
you a lift. You can also get a taxi from Hereford or Abergavenny (bring
directions with you!).